Keep your chocolate to yourself this Easter!

Around Easter each year, we often see patients who have helped themselves to one or more easter eggs! These accidents can happen easily, so it is really important to keep your eggs to yourselves. Chocolate toxicity can make dogs very sick, and in some cases can be fatal.

The type of chocolate, and the size of the dog, will affect the danger the ingestion poses to the patient. Always call for advice if your dog has eaten any chocolate, as they may need to be seen sooner rather than later to induce vomiting to limit the intoxication.